Antabio is a Labège, France-based biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery of first-in-class small molecule compounds to treat severe infections caused by antibiotic-resistant bacterial pathogens. Antabio’s novel compounds block the drug-resistance mechanisms and the virulence of pathogenic bacteria by targeting key bacterial pathways. Using its patented technology, antibacterial discovery expertise, and partnering-oriented business strategy, Antabio advances novel drugs that will offer solutions to the shortfall of the current antibacterial arsenal. Antabio is advancing its beta-lactamase inhibitor programs for the treatment of resistant Gram-negative infections towards the clinic and is the recipient of a grant from CARB-X to develop a novel treatment for Pseudomonas infections in CF patients.
Antabio is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to provide support to our Project Manager on the management and coordination of late lead optimization and preclinical development activities, with the expectation of moving into clinical development activities following progression of the programs.
The qualified individual will have a scientific background, preferably in the field of antibacterial drug discovery.
The candidate must have excellent communication and management skills and be able to interact within a multidisciplinary team across different time zones.
- Reporting to Project Manager, supporting the management and coordination of activities and tasks within a pharmaceutical development program(s)
- Assisting on contracting: registration and tracking of contracts, preparation of new contracts and requests for proposals, etc.
- Participate in the establishment of a Quality Assurance system and compliance by stakeholders
- Liaising with external (contractors, consultants, collaborators) and internal (staff) team members to co-ordinate the administrative side of activities
- Co-ordinate the archiving and reporting of all activities, ensuring data security
- Proactively identify potential program issues and actively seek to collaborate with Project Manager to resolve (risk management)
- Masters (M2) or above in a chemistry, life science or pharmacology related discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Some experience in managing projects t (within an academic context or biopharmaceutical R&D)
- Experience with project management IT tools, e.g. Microsoft Project/Excel and scientific databases, would be beneficial
- Office based working in Toulouse (FR)
- Persons completing part-time education (willing to undertake an internship at Antabio) will be considered
- Confident, capable and proactive communicator
- Excellent time management skills and rigorous attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, motivated and creative
- Multi-disciplinary, flexible and collaborative team worker (creates a positive team dynamic)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to work in fast-paced and challenging environment