Antabio is a Labège, France-based biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery of first-in-class small molecule compounds to treat severe infections caused by antibiotic-resistant bacterial pathogens. Antabio’s novel compounds block the drug-resistance mechanisms and the virulence of pathogenic bacteria by targeting key bacterial pathways. Using its patented technology, antibacterial discovery expertise, and partnering-oriented business strategy, Antabio advances novel drugs that will offer solutions to the shortfall of the current antibacterial arsenal. Antabio is advancing its metallo and serine beta-lactamase inhibitors programs for the treatment of resistant Gram-negative infections towards the clinic and is the recent recipient of a grant from CARB-X to develop a novel treatment for Pseudomonas infections in CF patients.
Antabio is seeking a Laboratory Assistant/Technician to join our discovery biology team. The qualified individual should be an enthusiastic biologist with scientific understanding and laboratory skills. Previous biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience is a plus, but not essential; however, the candidate must show a proven ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment and should be self-motivated.
Start date: April/May 2019, 12 months fixed contract
- Undertake laboratory support operations, including ordering of reagents and materials for the team and stock management
- Contribute to the lab management by undertaking preparation of pharmaceutical development compounds, reagents, autoclave, etc
- Perform biochemical & microbiological evaluation of pharmaceutical development compounds
- Technical or scientific qualification (BAC or BAC+2: BTS or IUT)
- Appropriate experience working in an industrial or academic laboratory setting
- Good verbal and written communication skills in French
- Diligent record keeper: laboratory notebooks and memos
- Multi-disciplinary, flexible and good team worker
- Good communicator
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills in English would be a plus